It’s pear season! I love pears but I find it impossible to catch them at their perfect ripeness. They go from being hard as a rock to mush in what seems like minutes, don’t they? I also get an itchy mouth from most raw fruit (such a bummer during peach season) but pop these in the oven for 20 minutes and problem solved!
I know it sounds weird but this would also be a really nice addition to a Thanksgiving table. The sesame flavor is very mellow, almost a little nutty and would complement traditional Thanksgiving flavors well. You could scatter some toasted walnuts and Bleu cheese over them… oh my god, that would be so good. Must resist leaving work to make this right now.
It’s better to use slightly under than over-ripe pears but it’s a pretty forgiving recipe.
- 4 ripe pears, cut in quarters and pitted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Lime slices (for garnish)
- These would be lovely with a cheese plate at the beginning or end of a meal.
- It sounds bonkers, but they’re great with vanilla ice cream. Sesame + vanilla = yum
- Try it with apples too!